Solar Power Plants: Renewable energy at Sogrape
In order to equip our facilities with an autonomous capacity to produce renewable energy to supplement purchased electricity, a solar power plant was installed at Sogrape's main office in Avintes in 2019, with another installed at the company’s winery in Anadia in 2020.
These plants provide significant cost savings, while simultaneously cutting annual emissions of CO2 into the atmosphere on the order of 600 tonnes since its start-up. In the year 2022 photovoltaic energy production avoided emissions that represent 8% of the company's total emissions with respect to electricity.
Avintes plant in numbers
- 660 kW installed capacity
- 2,380 solar panels
- 1,186,000 kWh estimated annual production
- 18,9% energy savings at the facility in 2022
- 393 t CO2 Avoided emissions
Anadia plant in numbers
- 125 kW installed capacity
- 403 solar panels
- 246,000 kWh estimated annual production
- 13,9% energy savings at the facility in 2022
- 66,5 t CO2 Avoided emissions